This programme develops complex problem-solving capabilities by applying rigorous scientific research process which contributes to the creation of the new body of knowledge in the area of management and leadership. The Doctorate degree is the ultimate achievement on one’s life-long education and learning journey.
The DBM qualification is ideal for self-motivated business managers and leaders who have proven themselves in the workplace but seek more intellectual challenges.
As a doctoral candidate, learners will have the opportunity to solve complex issues by following a rigorous research process that will contribute innovatively to the body of knowledge in the area of management and/or leadership.
DBM applicants are required to provide:
- A completed application form
- A resume/curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Certified copies of the degree certificate and academic transcript of their relevant Master’s degree from an accredited institution, with a mark of at least 65% for either:
- Both overall mark and dissertation of coursework or
- For the dissertation of a full research project
- Statement of research intent: This one-page document should briefly outline what the applicant intends to research. Upon submission, the Higher Degrees and Research Committee (HDRC) will evaluate the candidate.
In addition to providing learners with sound academic knowledge relating to accounting, auditing, financial management and taxation, the curriculum also includes more generalised modules such as business management, economics, computer skills and business communication that are vital in today’s dynamic and competitive business environment.